Switched On Group is the industry best for service and delivery in the building and maintenance sector.
The ANZ Centre in Christchurch’s CBD is visually stunning.
This was a collaborative project with our work covering the ceiling install, two-way and metal batten for plasterboard.
Completed early 2017, on time and within budget, this unique and striking ceiling is the recipient of two AWCI awards for atrium ceiling.
This was a large project worth over $800K and consisting of basement, ground and three upper floors.
What this project entailed
- Armstrong 1200 x 600 two-way exposed suspended ceiling grid with Armstrong Ultima tegular edge black and white tiles as specified to the 1st, 2nd & 3rd floors
- Construct a steel stud bulkhead to perimeter of levels 1, 2, & 3 and supply and install 1.6mm aluminium powder coated 185mm x 150mm high folded blind box (non-proprietary)
- 1200 x 600 Armstrong Metal works ceiling tiles on 3rd floor
- Screw fix suspended grid system with metal battens at 600crs to basement, ground floor and levels 1-3, lift lobbies and amenities to receive plasterboard linings
- FRR rated ceiling grid to mezz ceiling and stairwells on level 3
- Frame up coffered ceilings and screw fix grids to the ground floor arcade, atrium and café as detailed to receive fibrous moulds and plaster board linings. (fibrous moulds and linings by others)
- Supply and install 19 # Rondo Panther set bead access hatches (stopped in by others)
- Atrium Fibrous ceiling
- Upper floor perimeter fibrous bulkheads and blind boxes
- Metal works ceilings on 3rd floor
Architect: Esquisse & Peddlethorp
Head Contractor: Leighs Construction